(Pictured from left to right: Diana Behnke, Nikki Natzke, Scott Volm, Kevin Behnke, Rebecca Sonnentag, Carla Weaver, Heber DeLeon)
County Materials team members, family members and friends from the company’s Marathon and Weston locations participated in the September 7th, Run for the Fallen event hosted by the Kronenwetter Fire Department to honor the memory of the first responders who made the ultimate sacrifice on September 11th, 2001 and pay tribute to those who continue to serve today. This was the 5thyear for the run/walk event in the greater Wausau and Central Wisconsin area. The family friendly event includes a 5K run and walk, 10K run, 1 Mile Kid’s Run and a 1 Mile Firefighter Challenge.
Run for the Fallen is a healthy way to honor those who keep communities safe and also support them—75% of the event’s registration fees are donated to the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation, whose services provide aid to the families and coworkers of fallen fire personnel throughout the country. The other 25% goes to the Village of Kronenwetter Fire Department to aid with the purchasing of new gear, equipment and training for fire personnel serving the communities of Central Wisconsin. Since 2015, the Run for the Fallen event has raised $44,600 for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation and $13,508 for the Kronenwetter Fire Department.
Wellness and community involvement are both important priorities for County Materials and its team members. The company promotes healthy lifestyles through their Explore Wellness program which offers monthly wellness tips, company sponsored healthy snacks and the opportunity to win Visa gift cards for those who participate in wellness activities. Community involvement is another way the company demonstrates its Vision of Success, Stability and Support.