County Materials’ concrete pavers and slabs are manufactured to create one-of-a-kind outdoor living spaces with unmatched longevity. Concrete pavers are inherently durable and can preserve their appearance for decades with proper care and maintenance. Although minimal, concrete paver and slab maintenance is essential in sustaining the appearance, integrity, and investment of any landscape project.
Seasonal maintenance is recommended for all County Materials’ landscape products. Here are some maintenance tips:
- Efflorescence is a naturally occurring process in all concrete products which may appear in the form of a white powdery film on the unit’s surface. It doesn’t compromise the functionality or structural integrity of your installation. Wash efflorescence stains with a hose and stiff broom.
- Concrete cleaning agents are not required but are an option for all County Materials’ Interlocking Pavers and Slabs. Be sure to use in accordance with all instructions provided by the cleaning agent manufacturer and test a small area first.
- Construction residue, such as dust or dirt, created when concrete pavers are installed should be washed as soon as possible.
- Concrete sealers, though not required, may minimize damage from deicing chemicals, prevent staining and enhance color. If you choose to use a sealer, it is recommended to use a penetrating sealer which is breathable. Comply with all instructions provided by the sealing agent manufacturer and test a small area first.
- Sand is the only material recommended for use on concrete materials for slip resistance. Avoid the use of products with sodium chloride (NaCl “Rock Salt”), calcium chloride (CaCl2), magnesium chloride (MgCl2), ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3), ammonium sulfate (NH4SO4) or urea.
Learn more by downloading our Care & Maintenance Resource.